HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR FAMILY/NEWBORN PHOTO SESSION:
Having family pictures taken is a great way to preserve your memories, document your ever-changing family and will give you a series of meaningful and artistic prints to compliment your residence. Before having your pictures, there are a couple of things you can do to ensure that your pictures come out looking their best:
1. Pick a clothing colour scheme that incorporates similar tones
2. Try to match similar colours for tops and bottoms (i.e. white shirts and jeans)
3. Clothing does not have to be identical, however, it is a good idea to keep styles similar
(i.e. formal, casual, fun) - please avoid distracting or busy patterns
4. If the photographer is setting up the shots in your house, try to think about which space and/or rooms have special significance to you and your family
- rooms with a big, bright window work well for letting in natural light
- try to eliminate as much clutter as possible
5. If there is a small child in the family, it is a good idea to make sure he/she has had ample rest prior to the pictures being taken. Happy kids make excellent photos!
- favorite toys always make children feel more relaxed and also make great props and bring a natural feel to the photographs so feel free to have some handy (i.e. colouring pad, books, games, paint).
6. If you are concerned about having specific photos (i.e. mom holding baby over shoulder), please create a list that you can show the us prior the photo session. This will ensure that we give extra attention to planning and setting up for you.